From the Cumberland Mountains out to Norfolk, Virginia is a beautiful and historic state. Housing values vary depending on location, size, condition, and similar factors. Get more details about various markets in the state by visiting here.
When selling a property, many owners choose to sell using owner financing and, perhaps a few months later, to sell the mortgage note to a note buyer like Seascape Capital. Before taking action to sell your property with owner financing and later selling a note, you will want to understand the best and most profitable ways to take action. To get the most money for your mortgage note, try to:
- Get a large down payment (at least 10%, if you can) from the buyer
- Sell to a person with a good credit score of 650 or above
- Use an attorney or title company to make sure that the documents are prepared correctly
- Sell to a person who is planning to occupy rather than rent out the house
GETTING READY TO SELL A VIRGINIA NOTE
You have sold your property and done your best to follow the suggestions above. When you call a mortgage note buyer, you’ll want to be prepared with information like:
- The date of sale and when the first payment was made
- Sales price and down payment
- Original real estate note amount and terms of that note
- Size, condition, and history of the property
Find 2-3 note buyers who have a high Better Business Bureau ranking and are licensed in their home state, and begin calling or submitting online worksheets.
NOTE SALE PROCESS
The basic process for selling your mortgage note generally runs like this:
- Once you have given the needed information to the mortgage buyer, he or she should be able to provide offers to you within 1-2 business days.
- When a price is agreed upon, you can submit copies of documents and information about the property owner.
- The mortgage note buyer will review the documents, order a drive-by appraisal, and request a title search. This is the longest phase, and can take 2-3 weeks.
- You will receive documents to assign your note, which you will sign and return with your original note, and the money will be wired to you.
Seascape Capital is a nationwide note buyer and has successfully purchased notes in Virginia and most other states.